Friday, April 11, 2008

Amber Chesnut Haskell




Here is what I've been up to for the last 15 years:

I went to Snow College and had lots of fun with my great friends. I met my husband, Andrew Haskell, on the first day in my first class. I don't know if you'd call it love at first sight, since it took him four years to pop the question, but we were married June 12, 1997. He was worth the wait.

After Snow I went to Utah State and graduated in 1999 with a degree in Medical Dietetics. I became a Registered Dietitian. Right after that, we moved to Wichita, KS where Andy went to Occupational Therapy school at a private Catholic university. (Just in case you're wondering, OT is similar to physical therapy.) I worked at a Dialysis Unit, for the Health Department and for the local YMCA teaching nutrition and weight loss classes. All part time jobs. I was super busy, but really enjoyed all of them. We were there for about 2 years and made some great friends. We missed it much more than we thought we would when we left.

We moved back to Utah and Andy got a job at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. He works in the Physical Rehab dept. where he helps people who have had strokes or traumatic brain injuries. We built a house in Elk Ridge, which is just south of Payson and Salem. We live about a mile from my in-laws and the home where Andy grew up. I worked at the health department in Richfield and drove all over the area for about a year before we had our first child.













































Our oldest son is Stockton. He is almost 6 years old and crazy about diggers and construction. He started kindergarten this year and has opened up a whole new world to us with having a school age child.

Next came Abby. She is our passionate child. She is 3 and is either the cutest and sweetest kid alive or just the opposite. She is all about princesses at the moment.

Last is Peyton. He is almost 4 months old. He is a cutie and pretty happy most of he time. We love that he is starting to smile a lot and best of all is sleeping a little more most nights.

These days I am a stay at home mom which is all I really ever wanted to be. Everyone I talk to tells me the third kid is the killer. So I am learning how to juggle everything that needs to be done. I stay busy with these three great kids, my calling as primary president for our ward, and taking care of our home and yard. On those rare occasions I can hide away from the kids and have a minute for myself, I have gotten into scrapbooking, blogging, photography and interior design.

I am looking forward to seeing as many of you as can come to our reunion and hope that the rest of you will send us some things to make a post for you. It is so fun to see where everyone has ended up and what you are all doing.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so dang cute! I think Abby is such a little Amber.

Rachel

Deeanna said...

Wow Amber, you look so great! And I love your darling kids. Your Abby is so precious! Thanks for setting up this blog, it is a great way to stay connected. I hope you all have a great time at the reunion. I'll join you next time for sure!
Love, Deeanna

Rachel said...

I made that yummy dip last night - it was a hit with Matt and the neighbors!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber.. Thanks for all your time spent and working hard getting all this together.. it sounds like the reunion was a hit and the food yummy!!!
Your family is darling... THANKS!!
Holly Duncan