Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rachel Chappell Crane

Here is my story:
After high school I went to Snow College for 2 years where I lived with Amber and Camille and we had a blast. What a great time. After Snow, I went to Utah State University for 2 1/2 years. I got married to Matt Crane from Salina the first year I was up there in Logan. We are going on 13 years. Utah State was a good time. Every summer Matt and I would move home to Loa or Lyman and work for the Forest Service where we made enough money fighting fires all summer that neither of us worked while at school. Matt got accepted to vet school so he left for Oregon and I stayed in Logan for a quarter to finish my classes and then lived with my parents for a quarter while I did my student teaching.
I moved up to Oregon with Matt after that, but we still moved home every summer to fight fire. What a super time we had.
Part of the vet school curriculum at Oregon State University makes you move to Washington State University for a year and a half to learn small animal medicine. So we moved to Pullman, Washington and loved it there too. While we lived in Oregon and Washington I got my teaching license for those states but there was never a job opening for me, so I worked at plant nurseries and came to LOVE gardening.
When Matt graduated from vet school in 2001, we moved to Cortez, Colorado for his first job. We loved it there. Our first daughter, Kelsey was born there. We only stayed a year there and decided we wanted to be closer to family so we headed for Heber City, Utah.

We have been here ever since 2002 and we really like it here too. I get to stay home with our two girls, Kelsey and Kendal. Kelsey is in Kindergarten right now and is a very smart little girl. She is a sweetheart too. Kendal is almost 3 and is a little terrorist. She keeps us all busy and hopping to keep things from becoming a disaster. We sure love her, especially when she is asleep. That is a joke, we love her all the time and she is a great joy to our family.


I keep myself busy with yard work, doing the normal household jobs that we all have to do, quilting - I wish I could do it every day all day, doing Enrichment activities for church, blogging (hate to admit that one), and taking little trips with my family. We have a nice little life and things are so fun and exciting with a few good kids thrown into the mix.

3 comments:

Deeanna said...

This is a such a wonderful blog idea! It is a great way to stay connected. I love your darling family. It is uncanny how much your Kelsey looks like you! I remember you looking just like that as a kid! I love Heber City....you're lucky to live up there, it's soooo pretty!
Thanks again for setting up this blog. I love it!
Deeanna

Greg and Lisa said...

What a cute family! My mom gave me this website and I have really enjoyed reading about all of you. I can't believe it has been 15 years!! I need to get on Randy to get his info in here. You all look great and so happy! Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel... just wanted to say thanks for all your work and efforts in setting all this up and keeping the ball rolling!!!
Your girls are adorable.. and your quilting is stunning..!!!! Your awesome!! thanks!!
Holly Duncan