Sunday, April 6, 2008

Deeanna Chappell Price


Deeanna's chronology of events from 1993-2008
1993: Went on a 3 week LDS church history tour with seminary groups from Sevier Co. Attended Snow College and got my first C in Applied Business Math.
1994: Jan-June taught English to 5-6year olds in Voronezh Russia. Returned to Snow college and started studying linguistics.
1995: Attended Snow college including summer session. Aug-Dec I went back to Russia to teach English to 7-8 year olds (follow up group for reading skills).
1996: Graduated from Snow College and went on a mission to Moscow, Russia
1997: The best year of my life! Spent all 365 days as a missionary in Russia.
1998: Married Tom Price, a missionary from my mission. I taught ESL classes at various elementary schools in both Murray and Jordan district.
1999: In June I had my first daughter Melanie, and became what I am today...a stay at home Mom.
2000: Bought a new home (thanks to a mortgage loan) in Eagle Mountain, Utah.
2001: In January I gave birth to our son Tommy. Then Sept. 11th happened and 10 days later my husband was deployed to San Antonio, TX.
2002: I lived in a cute apartment in San Antonio with my husband and two kids. We had a yearly pass to Sea World, and loved living in SA. (Great tourist spot!)
2003: Jan. my husband was deployed to Iraq. May I gave birth to our boy/girl twins Dasha and Justin. Tom was able to come home 5 days after they were born.
2004: Lived in East Sandy in Tom's parent's huge home. In Oct. we moved to Monterey, CA so that Tom could study Arabic at DLI.
2005: Spent that whole year in CA enjoying the beach. We bought a little dog that year, and I began in earnest to teach my kids Russian.
2006: Moved back to our house in Eagle Mountain. Coached T-ball and Soccer teams for Tommy and Melanie. Taught preschool (my twins were in the class).
2007: Served in the nursery (since 05), and as ward organist. Volunteered on our school's community council and was in charge of PTA Reflections art program.
2008: My husband is deployed to Afghanistan with the National Guard 142 MI. This year our twins go to Kindergarten, and I am taking care of my 4 great kids!
Those are the major events that have happened. I keep busy with church callings and my kids' school work. We always sign them up for all the community sports teams and have coached several times. I trade babysitting for our neighbor who owns a dance studio, so my kids get dance classes for free. (I'm hoping to bless them with better coordination than I have.) I used to teach them Russian very seriously. I spoke to them almost exclusively in Russian for two years...but, it is extremely hard to keep that up. I also have taught them piano lessons rather diligently....but, they prefer to watch TV and play with their friends (go figure). Anyway, my life is my kids if you can't guess.Since my kids have grown up a bit I have resurrected a few talents/interests. I sing with the Lehi Choral. We practice once a week and perform here and there . throughout the year. I play the oboe now and then, and I'm hoping someday to squeeze in time to join the Lehi Symphonic winds group....someday. I also participate in the Living Traditions festival every year in downtown SLC. I love my little weekend each May. They pay me (a little) to demonstrate how to twine rag rugs that my mom taught me how to make. Amazingly it's considered "folk art". I also try and clock in my 30 minutes of excersise everyday. I go running with my little terrier on the bike trails by our house. Tom and I go to Jazz games and Tabernacle choir concerts quite often, and besides that, not much else to report except that life is good. Oh, and I love to go down to Wayne county! It was a great place to grow up. If I can convince my husband we may retire down there!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Deeanna, your family is so cute! Your oldest boy is definately a Chappell, he looks just like your family.
It sounds like you have been busy keeping up with your fun kids and actually doing a few things for you, good job.
I am so sorry I won't be able to see you at the reunion. That is a crumby deal that Tom has to leave again. I am sorry. I hope you guys have a super month though and do a few crazy fun things together. Good to see your picture and hear how things have been!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Deanna, It me Brian Laing! I know I am not apart of your class, but Rachel emailed it to me and I have been reading about everybody. Sounds like your doing well and have a terrific family. Last time I saw you was in American fork at the Mcdonalds. Your husband was being called up then too. Tell him thank you for serving our country. It means alot to us civilians. Anyway, just have to say hello. See you later. Brian

Anonymous said...

HI!!! Deeanna... how are you.. it has been great to catch up on your busy life... what a great family you have.. soo cute!! I hope all is well and hope to see you sometime... Holly Duncan