Monday, April 28, 2008

Laura Chappell Hales

Hey Guys,
Well I hope all is doing great!! A few things have changed at our home since the last reunion, besides me just getting older and feeling a few more aches and pains.

My family is doing great!! We moved three years ago from West Jordan to Riverton. Its been nice to get to know more people and meet old ones. (In fact, Joyce Mutter lives here too, and her boy wrestled with mine this year.) My husband still teaches at Riverton High School, and is a great teacher. This year alone he had three of his students take 1st place at Skill USA, and they took 1st at the Weber State competition for automotive. I'm doing well too!! I get the opportunity to regress and hang out with 20 3-5 year olds. I have been teaching preschool out of my home for going on four years now. I can't believe how time has flown by so fast. I am taking classes from SUU to finish up my degree. I know it's sad when its taken me so long, but you could say that Ive had a few interruptions!!!!!

We now have five children instead of four. We have four boys and 1 girl. My oldest boys, Corben and Cason are now 11 and now are losing their little boy look. I am having a hard time because they are at the "mom, no kissing" stage. So we have an agreement I won't give them kisses or hug them at the bus stop and they will give me one before they leave the house. Also they keep reminding me that in 5 years they get to start driving. AHHHHH!!! (If any of you have kids that are getting ready to drive or driving, give me some tips.) I'm so not ready for that. Right now we are into baseball with all four boys, so they keep my taxi going. Kasherri, our only daughter is turning 9 in May. We are already having boys giving her little treats and telling her they love her. You could say that I'm not ready for that one either!! She is my little angel!! She is alot like me and loves gymnastics and is always doing a back hand spring anywhere she can find a place to. Bryant is our 6 year old. He turns 7 soon, but he is tall for a boy his age. He is as tall as my daughter, and people always ask me if I have two sets of twins. He is in 1st grade. He loves bikes, and has ever since he was a year old. My latest addition is Skyler. His is 3 years old and a joy. I keep telling him not to grow up too fast on me. But, since we moved to Riverton (when he was a year and a half) he's been trying to get on the school bus with all the rest of my kids. He puts his backpack in line and everything. I have to be careful because if there was any way he could get on that bus he would. He just doesn't want to be left behind. He is also my one that doesn't have to say a word, because it's written all over his expression.

So that in a nut shell is what I've been up to. Just being a mom and hanging out having fun teaching 3-5 year olds. I'm sorry that I missed the reunion. Take care!! And we'll see ya is 5 years, -k-!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it was so fun to see your family pictures! I had forgotten that you had twins. Your kids are definately growing up fast. They'll be teenagers by our next reunion! Anyway, hope all is well with you.
Deeanna