Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Holly Duncan

Hi Guys....how is everyone? Well..as for me the past 15 years have been pretty good......
After graduation, I worked for Sevier Valley Hospital in the Home Health Dept. I drove to Richfield and the surrounding little towns and then back to Wayne Co. for 5 years taking care of patients. While I was working I took nursing pre-requisites at SUU, and Snow College (and later I took more classes at Salt Lake Valley Community College). I was getting burned out driving sooo much, and needed a change and decided to move to Midvale. (in 1998) It was a bit of a shock at first, but now I really love it up here, I am totally used to the TRAFFIC, the CONSTRUCTION and all the PEOPLE...lol !


I started my own little business in elderly care and have loved doing that for the past 10 years... I have been blessed to get to know the sweetest people. I took care of a lady for 8 years.. last fall she turned 100 and she is truly amazing.
In August 2002 my beautiful daughter MaKinleigh was born, ( I was with her dad for 9 years but that didn't work out... live and learn huh, guess I will have to keep kissing frogs till I find my prince, lol!! just kiddin') Anyway.. I don't know where my life would be without her. She is little miss smarty pants and so animated about life! She is constantly singing and dancing. She is in kindergarten, loves school, and gets along with everyone. What a sweet tender spirit she has, and alot of spunk too. Everywhere we go she draws attention from people, now I'm really a paranoid mom.. lol..!


Two years ago I moved to the east bench in Salt Lake City. I live with a wealthy man and his wife, as their private nurse in their big, beautiful home (with a great view of the whole salt lake valley). They both have diabetes, and mild dementia, so I give them their shots several times a day, medication and basic help with everyday living. The hours are very flexible and I get to be here with Maki all the time so it works out very, very well. I am lucky and really enjoy it.(most days:) )
Last Sept., my mom passed away very suddenly, and I have had the hardest time accepting not having her here and talking to her everyday. This has been the worst trial for me to overcome and get through, slowly but surely it will get better. :) (that is what people tell me) Thank goodness for family and friends, they help me keep it together.


In my spare time I love to scrapbook and do a little photography. The gentleman that I take care of had a scrapbook studio built for me here in his house. I wish I could spend 24\7 in there, it is so nice to be organized and have everything right at my fingertips. I have made lots of page layouts, I make hair bows, and flower clippies that I sell too. Along with other crafts that I can come up with. It's my passion right now, I love that room it just makes me happy. MaKinleigh will come in and we spend hours in there doing projects and she will think up the cutest things, its so much fun to see her creativity!
It's really great to go back to Wayne County and enjoy the outdoors and just chill .... what a awesome place to grow up and call home. Hope to see you all soon...!!!
Holly and MaKinleigh

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Holly, you are in trouble! If she is half as sweet as she looks you have had it in 10 years!!
It is so good to see you and hear what is going on. Next time you come to the Heber Valley holler at me.
Sorry about your mom. When I heard the news I was so sad, sad for you. I sure thought alot about you, I didn't actually DO anything because that is the slacker person that i am, but I sure thought of you.

Anonymous said...

Holly, I have missed you so much. I would love to take a drive up Wasatch Blvd and see you in your fancy mansion! I can't believe how gorgeous your MaKinleigh is! I only saw her once (that I remember) as a baby...now she is a darling grown up girl. You are very lucky to have her in your life! I must also tell you how sad I was that I couldn't go down to your mom's funeral. I wanted to go down and cry with you all, and hug you all. Her death was so unexpected! And I am very sorry you don't have her with you. Everytime I drive past her house I just want to cry!!! I miss her so much. I did take all of my kids down to her house one random evening (my mom came along.) It was so fun, her house was so darling and now especially, I am glad I stopped by to see her. I really would love to see you. Call me sometime 400-8047.
Deeanna

Anonymous said...

Holly, I am really sorry to hear about your mom. I know it's hard, it's like your best friend and your safe harbor is gone. At least that is how I felt when my mom was in the hospital for over two months when my twins were not even two. So if ya ever need anything call me. I do stop talking long enough to really listen. call me 801-254-8713. Ya know we should all get together. And by the way, watch out for all the boys, your daughter is a QT!!!!
Laura Hales