Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Holly Peterson Van Orden


Hello Everyone!

Wow - I can't believe it has been 15 years! Where did the time go? I still feel young!
After graduation, I attended SUU for about three years. Then I met my husband Travis Van Orden on a blind date, fell madly in love, got married, and moved to Victor, Idaho. It is, or was, a small town just 20 miles west of Jackson, Wyoming. His family ran a Dude Ranch there called Moose Creek Ranch. We worked together there on the ranch for about 9 & 1/2 years, the last few years managing it ourselves. While there, we built a home and had two boys - Porter Wayne and T. Wyatt. They are the joy of our lives.
In November of 2005, we had the opportunity to move to Loa and jumped on it. Victor was getting too crowded - the billionaires were pushing the millionaires out of Jackson and they were moving over the hill to Victor so we couldn't have picked a better time to move home! Travis worked in Monticello with a youth program for about a year and now he works for Security Ranches (Gary Hallows). I am a stay at home mom and am blessed to be that! I love chasing my boys around to their different activities (even though I have to convince myself of this quite often!). They both love basketball, baseball, motorcycles,
rip-sticks (a kind of skateboard), riding their bikes, and just being boys.
Travis and I are trying to start our own Dude Ranch here in Loa going on cattle drives and horse rides and just spending time on the mountain. We are just getting started, so if you know of anyone who would be interested in a ranch vacation, just send them our way! (a little free advertising doesn't hurt! Just kidding!) But really, it is what we love to do so we thought we would try our hand at it here in Loa. Hopefully we can make it work so we can stick around. We really enjoy being back in Loa - I know - it sounds crazy to some of you, but we really do love it here!

Travis, Holly, Porter, & Wyatt Van Orden

2 comments:

Greg and Lisa said...

Holly,
You have the cutest little family. My mom gave me this website and it's been fun reading about what everyone has been up to. I am so glad you were able to go back home. I hope your dude ranch goes well, I will definitely send people your way :)
Hopefully I'll see ya soon, I will be home a lot this summer with Greg being delpoyed. It's nice to just go home and stay with my mom and dad. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Holly, I love your cute little Peterson boys! They are soooo cute! So, I was talking to my good friend Vanessa and she said....oh, I have a new friend here in Loa. Her name is Holly Van Orden! I just love her to pieces!!! That just made my day that the two of you are friends. You are so lucky to be back in Loa. Hopefully I'll be able to see you this summer. I'm sure I'll be down with my kids. Maybe we'll test out your dude ranch!