Monday, April 14, 2008

Tawyna Albrecht Hunt

WOW has 15 years gone by in a hurry!! One thing is certain, during the past 15 years I have made sure to fill every minute with something. After I graduated, John and I were married in August. We lived in Ephraim and went to Snow College. We were only there for 6 months when we moved to Richfield. I continued my education at Snow College while John went to Salt Lake to attend Police Officers Standards and Training. (POST) Once he finished his training we moved to Hanksville where he worked for Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and I gave birth to our first son Kyle John Hunt. In May of 1994 we moved to Bullfrog and John worked for Kane County Sheriff’s Office. We were there for 6 months and off to Big Water, Utah we went. (If you haven’t been there, don’t make a special trip!!) I was excited to leave there. We were able to get a job back home and in March of 1995 we moved to Bicknell. We lived in Bicknell for 8 years where our second son Nathan Daniel Hunt (1996) and our third son Shayler James Hunt (2001) were born. During this time I worked for Utah Division of Wildlife Resources as a wildlife technician, part-time and Aspen Achievement Academy full-time as a field medic. I have been an E.M.T-Intermediate for 13 years. I enjoy working on the county ambulance and teaching CPR, First Aid, First Responder and EMT classes. I work with the Utah Department of Health in designing Responder testing and curriculum. I teach at least 1 class each month and most of the time many more. (It has turned out to be a great side job) In May of 2003 we decided to move to Aurora, Utah. Shortly after we moved here, we were expecting our 4th son. During my sixth month of pregnancy I had some complications and our baby boy was born dead. This was the hardest and continues to be one of the hardest things I have had to accept. I struggled with this for many months and then as if by a miracle in 2005 our fifth son Jameson T. Hunt was born. John works for Sevier County Sheriff’s Office. He is the Emergency Management Director for Sevier County. Since we have moved to Aurora, I have worked full time for the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. I enjoy my job! I love being outdoors and especially up in the mountains. I love what I have learned and continue to learn about wildlife, habitat and how it all works together. I am currently going to school at SUU, to obtain a bachelor degree in zoology. In August of 2006 I purchased a second home in Aurora (where my grandmother is currently living). She is a brittle diabetic and has several health issues. I spend a lot of time caring for her but, I am more than happy to do that. I also have a calling in the primary presidency in our ward. I continue to work on the county ambulance and teach my classes. I also have a home based wholesale food business. This takes up the time between 9 p.m. and 12 a.m.

In August of this year John and I will celebrate our 16th anniversary! I have been very blessed in my life, I have 4 energetic boys and a kind loving husband. We love spending time together. We enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, riding 4-wheelers, traveling and working together. We have a small farm and we love to be involved in the annual 4-H stock show where we show prized lambs. My boys are my life! Kyle (14) will be in high school this fall. Nathan (12) will be in 7th grade. Shayler (7) will be in 2nd grade and Jameson (3) will be in preschool. John can retire with a public safety retirement in 4 years. My how the years have flown! I have a great job. I’ve had some cherished experiences. I have many inspirational friends and I hope to have another exceptional 15+ years.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Dang Tawnya, you are a busy senorita! Sounds like a good time though. Good for you guys!

Anonymous said...

you have some good lookin boys Tawnya!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Wow Tawyna! It's so cool that John could retire in 4 years! It sounds like your family of boys keeps you busy....4-H, camping, fishing, etc. I'm sorry about your baby boy that you lost. I think that would be so hard to go through! I hope all is well with you, thanks for sharing. Take care!