Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wes Jeffery

Didn't we just have a reunion? I can't believe it's been 15 years since we graduated! The past five years have flown by and brought many changes for us. I am still in Fremont working for Jeffery Ranches and living my dream of being a full-time cowboy. But that's about all that hasn't changed. We now have two kids that keep us very busy and laughing every day.


Kurtis, age 7, is a sociable, happy-go-lucky first grader. He loves school, especially recess, and has many friends. He enjoys participating in baseball, wrestling, ranching/farming, and just got a new motorcycle. He is my "right-hand-man" these days and aspires to be as tough as his dad! He is excited to be getting baptized this fall.
Katie, age 4, has a personality all her own. She is very hyper and spunky. She goes from a dainty princess in crown and gown to indestructable super-hero in a matter of seconds. She is stubborn and independent, rarely doing anything that isn't her idea. It's a good thing she's so darn cute and resorts to sweetness periodically! She always has a hug for dad and has me wrapped around her little finger (although I'd never admit it to her.)

Since our last reunion, we decided to have my wife, Christy, go back to school to be an x-ray technologist. The past three years have been a blur of juggling chores, kids, classes, and deadlines. Her x-ray program is through Weber State and Sevier Valley Hospital. She spends three days a week doing clinical hours in Richfield and travels to Ogden for class a few times each semester. She is just about done with the x-ray program, but will be specializing in Nuclear Medicine in the fall (which means another year of school). Christy has been offered a job at the hospital in Richfield and is finally getting paid!!! She also spent a few years serving in the Young Women's Presidency in our ward, and then in the Stake Primary Presidency.

I am "Mr. Mom" while Christy is away and have become way too familiar with our kitchen! And if life wasn't busy enough with ranching and taking care of the kids, I have also become the Wayne County Mosquito Sprayer during the summer. I still enjoy hunting, fishing, riding horses, working cows, and pretty much anything that takes me up to the mountains or out to the desert. I finally had my turn at the big bull elk hunt, and bagged a nice six-point bull in Sheep Valley. My wife and I are NASCAR fans, have taken up golfing, and hope to get a vacation in when she gets done with school. I have also coached Little League and Bantam Wrestling. My all time favorite passtime is spending time with my kids and sharing my love of ranching and the great outdoors with them! I really enjoy being a dad and looking at the world through their eyes. I am excited for the next few years of ballgames, school programs, and all of their activities. In spite of our crazy life and all the sacrifices, we enjoy our family and look forward to what the future will bring. Well, I guess we'll catch ya'll in five more....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Boy you have some cute kids Wes! You are living my husband's dream too, he would love to move south and farm and ranch all day. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

I think it is so cool that you are living the cowboy life in the gorgeous town of Fremont. You are very lucky indeed! You have a darling family!